We learned this phrase quickly as my baby sister graduated from THE Pennsylvania State University on May 16th. She graduated with a degree in Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management. Charlie and I went up early on Saturday morning to attend her major's recognition ceremony and then her actual graduation in the Bryce-Jordan Center (the concert venue). Very different than my graduation from Eastern.
After graduation we all had dinner at the Nittany Lion Inn. In between the graduation festivities, we visited the famous Creamery and had some AMAZING ice cream. We spent the night in a dorm (yeah for cheapness!) which made me feel like I was back in school!
In case you're wondering, shortly after graduation, Meg landed a job as a restaurant manager at an upscale restaurant in DC attached to a Kimpton hotel. So now she's close to us! Yeah! Congratulations Meg!
The family after Meg's recognition ceremony
Meg during her graduation
She's legit
Me and Mom after graduation
Charlie and Dad at dinner
Part of our gift to Meg. The mug says "I graduated. Now I'm like smart and stuff". Heh heh.
Since it takes a presidential order to near the Lion Shrine on campus on graduation weekend (yes, it's call the shrine) my picture of this replica will have to do
Being silly with the Lion Paws in front of the art museum on campus
My, what big hands you have!
Paisley was proud of Meg too!
~KC
No comments:
Post a Comment