Disclaimer: This posts contains lots of pictures! Oh- and annoying attempts at imitating the Bahston accent. Just warning you.
The first weekend in June, we flew up to Boston, Massachusetts to spend the weekend with Anne and Brian (AND baby girl Smith). On Friday we took a trolley ride and a tour of Fenway park. We had lunch at Boston Beer Works right by the park. That night, we went to the Red Sox Game at Fenway. They played the Texas Rangers (and lost). We had GREAT seats thanks to Anne and the person who messed up at Stub Hub. Their mistake, our benefit! Our actual seats were about 20 rows in front of what we paid for. Charlie loved taking the tour of Fenway and going to the game, however it was odd as he has a deep dislike of the Red Sox as a devoted Yankees fan. It was weird to watch. He'd be so excited about the history of the oldest ballpark in America but this was contrasted by his dislike of the Red Sox. Oh well- and they say women are complicated! :)
On Saturday we went to Anne's mom and stepdad's house on a lake and went out of their speedboat. We all went tubing (Anne went very slow and did not lay on her stomach!) and paddle boating and kayaking. It was so peaceful-it reminded me of Loon Lake. Then we ate burgers and played a game called Pit. I STINK at Pit. I lost miserably, which is interesting because it's basically a game of luck and chance. There are two card you don't want to end up with at end of every hand. I ended up with either one or BOTH of these cards almost every hand. If you know me, you know I don't like to lose, however it eventually became amusing, except when Charlie refused to play with me since I seemed to have the "curse"! :)
On Sunday we went out to breakfast at Anne and Brian's favorite breakfast spot, Percy's. It was very yummy-I got maple butter on my pancakes! (I love maple anything!) After breakfast, Brian had to leave (tear!) to drive to NY for work. In the afternoon Anne, Charlie and I walked around Plymouth. We walked on the beach, saw the Mayflower and the Plymouth Rock, did a little souvenir shopping and ate some lobstahs! Plymouth is such a beautiful little town and I can totally see why Anne and Brian are so happy there. We had such a great time in Massachusetts with them and can't wait to see them again soon!
(that's slang for Boston Red Sox- look how I pick up the lingo..)
This shirt cracked me up. Anne explained that apparently this is a popular saying around Bahston. Though I immediately began using it, I did not hear anyone from the area actually say it. I'm trying to implement the term in DC and now I wish I had the shirt....
Brian, the consummate photographer, braved standing in the middle of the street to get his shot, narrowly avoiding getting hit by a bus. As his friend, I should have been watching for the bus, but I was busy taking his picture. Sorry Brian!
I saw a colonial man and I was stoked. Go ahead, call me a geek.

1 comment:
Wow, the Plymouth rock really is underwhelming. I thought it was a giant rock for some reason! :)
Post a Comment