Like most good ideas I have, I thought of this one a little late in the game. For Lent, I gave up all meat except seafood. (And this is late because Lent started on February 13th. Oops). I already don't eat tons of meat-usually only at dinner and we eat vegetarian a couple times a week anyway. So this wasn't a radical change in diet, just a small challenge for myself. I'm actually surprised by how much I've missed the option of meat when I do eat it. But that's a different post. My actual idea is to post our dinners and links to any recipes if anyone is interested. I've had a few friends ask for yummy vegetarian dinner ideas recently and I thought others might be interested as well. Plus, I can look back when I need a few ideas too. If you're not interested, have no fear, Josie will continue to appear on this blog regularly.
So- last night's dinner was Indonesian Grilled Swordfish with Brown Soda Bread (in honor of St. Patty's day..we were a bit off with the fish but whatever) and some sauteed snow peas.
Indonesian Grilled Swordfish: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/indonesian-grilled-swordfish-recipe/index.html
Brown Soda Bread: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/brown-soda-bread-10000001963985/
The snow peas were just sauteed for about a minute in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt.
Oh and that bread got spread with some butta. YUM.
Tonight's dinner was a white bean and greens soup with left over brown bread and a clementine. Please forgive my horrible picture. Food photography isn't one of my talents, plus I forgot to take a picture until after I was done putting the food in a container for the fridge.
Soup recipe: http://www.katheats.com/recipage?recipe_id=6033156 (I love this blog- btw. I've been reading for a couple years and her posts always give me great meal/snack ideas when I'm lacking in creativity. Plus, she had a son a couple months younger than Josie).


1 comment:
Food is good, but, we need Josie ;-)
Post a Comment