Though we're deep into the 2nd week of Josie's life, here are some pictures from her first week. The first week was an adjustment, particularly the first two nights but things have started to even out and she seems to be (knock on wood) a good sleeper. Last night I got a 4.5 hours stretch! (Please don't hate me Anne ;). Though I probably just cursed myself by typing that. Charlie has been home since her birth and will start back to work next Monday. My Mom is coming tomorrow (Friday) for a little over a week. We are excited to see her (and my Dad when he comes next weekend).
We've gotten out of the house almost everyday. Most people are surprised to see us out and about but I go stir crazy if I have to sit in my house all day. Plus, getting out helps with any "baby blues" that occasionally rear their ugly head. Her first week, we went to a 4th of July picnic that she slept through, ran some errands, went grocery shopping (to replenish the food we lost due to the power outage the weekend of her birth) and had her first pediatrician appointment. I even left her for the first time so I could go get some nursing clothes (so exciting...sarcasm). She and Charlie did just fine, as did I!
Her ped appointment went well. I like her doctor and they are supportive of breastfeeding and an alternative vaccine schedule (part of the reason we choose this practice). The doctor answered our questions and made sure we knew what to be concerned about and what was just fine. Josie had lost half an ounce since leaving the hospital two days before (she was 7 lbs 1oz at the dr) and though the dr. noted it, she wasn't overly concerned since it was such a small loss. We had a weight check on Monday to make sure she was gaining weight appropriately and she weighted in at 7 lbs 5oz, a great gain for four days. We have what will hopefully be a final weight check on Monday. Based on last week's gain, the dr. expects that she'll have reached her birth weight by then. This is an important milestone for babies to reach and once she reaches it we can relax a bit about making sure she eats every 3 hours or less (4 is acceptable at night if she stays asleep that long). Ok, without further ado- pictures:
 |
| Just born! |
 |
| Our first family picture |
 |
| 7 lbs, 8.2 ounces |
 |
With Aunt Megan (and Aunt Anna in
the background who we apparently
we didn't get a picture with) |
 |
| Meeting Gram |
 |
| And Pop Pop |
 |
Our youngest visitor, Kayla- squeaking in just over the age 12
restriction. ;) |
 |
Ready to head home from the hospital
in my new dress! |
 |
| Coming home! |
 |
| All snuggled up |
 |
| Cuddling with my Daddy and my puppy |
 |
| First sponge bath at home. Not a fan. |
 |
| Wrapped up in my ducky towel |
 |
Modeling my first cloth diaper. Actually
my 2nd. I immediately peed on the 1st
one before my mama could fasten it. |
1 comment:
Congrats! So exited to read your updates! I just gave birth to a little girl on Monday - it's so amazing being a mom!
Post a Comment