| 33 week belly |
Baby
Baby is estimated to be a tad over 4 pounds now, about the size of a pineapple. A fruit I know and love. Except when I have to cut it myself. I have to REALLY want pineapple to cut one up myself. He or she is also just over 17 inches long. One of my sources reports that baby is starting to receive antibodies from me now to protect his or her immune system once born. Otherwise, just packing on the ounces!
Me
At the risk of jinxing myself, I FEEL GREAT! My back is 1000x better this week. It was feeling better on Tuesday and has continued feeling good for the rest of the week. I have to chalk this up to receiving chiropractic care. At first I was skeptical that it would really help since I was in so much pain for a couple weeks but apparently my chiropractor was right, it does take a couple weeks and it usually helps. I did still go to an acupuncture appointment on Thursday, though since my back was feeling better, I can't say if it really helped or not. It was relaxing if nothing else. The doctor put a few (maybe 5?) needles in my back and one on the top of my ear. Only one needle hurt going in and then after that I couldn't feel them at all. Then you just lay there for a little while and relax. Lovely! I have another appointment this week but if I'm still feeling good, it might be my last because the office is a good 30 minutes away, plus a $35 copay. I'm so excited to be able to walk without pain. You don't understand how debilitating chronic pain is until you have to live with it. I really feel for others who have or currently deal with any chronic painful condition. I'm still not lifting cars or leaping tall buildings in a single bound but I feel pretty good for 33 weeks pregnant.
| In my yoga gear. Excuse the sports bra. |
Preparing for Baby
This past weekend (well I guess by now it's two weekends ago but I'm trying to keep things chronological on here!) was my baby shower in Pennsylvania. My Mom and sister threw it for me and it was wonderful! I already wrote a post with pictures and if you'd like to see it click here. The shower was not only enjoyable and fun but it helped us prepare as we received many of the things we need for Baby C. Meg bought us our car seat, which is one item everyone can say they really do need as they will not let you leave the hospital without one. Whew, cross that one off- baby can come home!
| Big Ol' Belly |
We also discussed some names. We have a couple boy names that we both really like and can see naming a child. And I'm sorry but we're not sharing. :) We still have no girl names however. Which prompted some friends to declare we're having a girl. Ha! Well, I have a plenty of girl names I like and Charlie has a few he likes but we have yet to agree on one or two that are actual potentials. I feel like the perfect name is out there on the tip of my tongue and I just can't think of it! So until we do think of it I have asked anyone who says "so and so had a girl recently" what the name was, hoping it might be "our" name. 7 weeks give or take to at least have a couple potentials!
Week 33
Exciting Happenings: PA baby shower last weekend, VA baby shower this weekend!
Buying for Baby: I found the baby carrier I've been looking for on the diaperswappers.com website. It's in excellent condition and I saved about $60 plus shipping off the new price! Yeah!
Exercise: Thanks to my back feeling better, I was able to go back to prenatal yoga, take some walks, swim and do my prenatal workout video. :)
Symptoms: The acid continues to plague me. I have moved on from Tums to Zantac (this is safe). Waddling. It's pretty much how I roll now. I also was feeling really tired at the beginning of the week but now my energy has picked back up. Maybe because I can exercise?
No comments:
Post a Comment