| In my yoga finest |
Earlier this week we had another midwife appointment, which went well. When Courtney, the midwife put the doppler on my belly to hear the heartbeat, the baby kept kicking it as if to say "excuse me-this is my space!" My next appointment in April I have to take a standard test to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. The test consists of fasting for 8 hours prior to the appointment, having my blood drawn, drinking a sugary drink (called glucola), then having my blood taken again an hour later. Hopefully I'll "pass" with no problem. If I don't, I have to go for an even longer test which would conclusively show if I had gestational diabetes or not. Courtney mentioned that after my next appointment, I'll start going every two weeks. Holy cow- I can't believe how close that is!
![]() |
| Pretty toes! |
Yesterday, I also made it to yoga for the first time in a couple months and it was interesting trying to do the same poses with a growing belly. There are certain things I obviously can't do (like lie on my belly) but certain poses (such as a lunge) were much more difficult because I had to maneuver around the belly. Luckily the instructor is very nice and was sure to offer me modifications for poses I shouldn't do (such as twists). This week I have noticed an increased need to pee. I've had to go to the bathroom more often up to now but the past few days there have been multiple times when I just went and then have to go again 10 minutes later. It is also pretty clear at most times that I am pregnant and people love to talk about it.
| Had to show off the workout shirt Charlie got me for Christmas! |
Week 24
Strangers who touched my belly this week: 1
Dresses bought for wedding this weekend: 0 (wearing one I already had)
Progress made on the nursery: some
Kicks felt: too many to count!
Ice cream consumed: I plead the fifth

No comments:
Post a Comment