This past week I started a 3 week assignment in DC and to be blunt I'm not enjoying it. The commute is killer- about an hour and a half each way. I drive to a park and ride about 15 mins from our house and then take a bus to the building I'm working in. The bus is better than the metro but I've learned that I can't read on it or even stare at my phone for too long- both make me nauseous. I believe this is a side effect of pregnancy as I usually could at least look at my phone, if not read. To make this assignment worse, I've had next to no work while I've been downtown, making me feel frustrated that I have to commute all that way to sit and stare at the computer for eight hours. I know I sound like I'm complaining and that's because I am. Between being sick, pregnant and my strong distaste for commuting I cannot wait for this assignment to end which will happen February 17th.
Otherwise, highlights so far from week 18 include dealing with my 2nd cold of this pregnancy and receiving a couple comments that I've "popped" and/or am "finally showing". First, being sick is never fun but my colds seem to last longer now that I'm pregnant. Possibly because I can't take any "good" drugs for colds. I can take Robitussin, Sudafed and most homeopathic remedies and these help some. The other odd thing is that when I cough, I can feel it in my uterus. I know, that might be TMI for some of you (sorry Dad!).
I have noticed that the belly seems a bit more prominent these days. It's almost impossible to hide it now- even my larger workout t-shirts cling to my tummy a bit. Also, I wore my spring jacket on Thursday and when I went to button it, it was a bit difficult, particularly the last button over my belly. And then I saw myself in the mirror in the coat and whew, it was obviously tight. :)
I promise to have a picture for the 19 week update later this week. Some 18 week highlights:
- Baby is 5 1/2 inches long, as big as a bell pepper!
- Appointments this week: One- our big anatomy scan ultrasound on Wednesday! Though we're still not finding out the sex.
- Weight gain: About 9 lbs, I think.
- Workouts this week: A whole lotta nothing, except for walking Pais. Blaming the sickness and the commute. I'm really looking forward to starting prenatal yoga after Feb. 17th (no time before then).
- Emotions: Weepy. I've had a few crying sessions this week, all to Charlie. Poor guy.
- Cravings: Chocolate milk, bagels, ice cream. The usual.
- Aversions: Riding the bus. Oh, you meant food?
- Pairs of work appropriate maternity pants borrowed for new assignment: 2 (I have exactly 4 pairs of dressy maternity pants now- one for each day and then casual Friday)
No comments:
Post a Comment