| 21 weeks! |
This week I have definitely noticed an increase in movement. Usually I can feel the baby soon after I eat. I hoping that Charlie will be able to feel the baby from the outside soon! I mentioned in last week's update that some of my nausea seemed to be returning. This has still been true for this week. It's nothing like the first trimester but it's brought on by jerky movements (like a bus or car) or really unappealing smells (such as food I don't like or the gas smell of the metro). Otherwise, I'm still feeling good- lots of energy, though I do start to peter out by 9pm and am ready for bed soon afterwards.
I have also noticed this week that my stomach is getting the distinct pregnant look. My belly button is flattening out and when I'm just in my undies, it's become more obvious that this is a baby belly and not a food belly.
I'm really looking forward to my stint in DC being over this week. I don't know for sure, but I can guess that I've probably gained a little more over the last several weeks because there has been almost no time for exercise. Really looking forward to returning to my normal workout routine next week and feeling healthier because of it.
We still have so very much to do to the nursery. It can't even be called a nursery because it's still very much a messy office with two desk, lots of paper and other assorted crap. That is something we are being to tackle this coming weekend. Though we still have 4 months, our goal is to have the room cleaned out and painted with the crib set up before Charlie leaves for a month-long work trip in the middle of April. When he leaves, I'll be entering my 3rd trimester and from what I hear, my energy levels will once again take a bit of a dive due to my increasing size. So that's our goal! Please forgive us if you try to make weekend plans with us and we decline in the next month and a half. :)
Week 21:
Cravings: Oh the ice cream. Am trying to reign this in a bit. Do not need to have to lose "ice cream weight" on top of "baby weight". Though over the course of the weekend I think I had ice cream 3 times. Just keeping it real.
Aversions: Not crazy about fish, though every week I tell myself I need to eat some salmon (for the omega-3s).
Weight gained: Not sure. Guesstimate is around 14 lbs?
Items purchased for baby: not much. yet.
Number of birth classes completed: 6. Halfway through! (we're taking Bradley classes which are a total of 12 weeks. More on that later).
No comments:
Post a Comment