Tuesday, June 18, 2013

11 months


I know, I know. I'm sooooo late. 
Not cool mom, not cool.
If you feel like Josie, I apologize. On to what is probably going to be a quick 11 month recap.
11 months! That is thisclose to a year! I can't believe/accept that our baby is almost one.

Josephine had so many milestones last month that I feel like I don't have much to share this month. She did get/is getting two more teeth. This resulted a few sleep disruptions, including the first time I've had to go into her room after we put her to sleep in months. But it was nothing a little medicine and mommy snuggles couldn't fix. The two teeth she's getting are not her middle teeth on the top, but the ones right next to the two middle teeth....the incisors? It's sort of weird that she has two bottom teeth in the middle and then two "fangs" up top. Ha! Of course I consulted Dr. Google and this seems to be perfectly normal to not get her two middle top teeth first.

She is a faster crawler these days! And she pulls up on EVERYTHING. She has also been able to stand by herself for a second or two. I predict that she might be walking by her first birthday if not, soon after. She has mastered crawling up our one step in the living room but hasn't attempted to go down it, other than falling off of it. (She was fine!) One of her favorite things to do now is to pull all her books off her bookshelf in her room. It entertains her to no end and when they're all off she'll flip through them and chew on them. It does make a mess for Mommy to clean up though.

Favorite activity

This month Josie has had the pleasure of seeing lots of family. Aunt Megan moved in to live with us for the summer while takes classes at our local community college and Josie loves having her around. At the end of the month we took the trek up to Gram and Pop Pop's for a week long visit and had a great time! Each morning Josie got to sit on Pop Pop's lap and chat before he left for work. A couple days we got to see Aunt Kristin, Uncle Nate, Weston and Jordan and Josie got to go swimming in Weston's pool with him. We visited Gram at work one day and hung out with her on her day off that week. I even got to relax in the evenings on the deck with my parents. It was lovely!
Diaper modeling at Gram and Pop Pop's. 
morning routine
Mildly obsessed with Gram's name tag
Loving Weston's pool
Josie also attended her first wedding- our friends Shelley and Andrew got married on May 19th. I was one of Shelley's bridesmaids. Charlie, Megan and Josie came for the ceremony and then Meg took Josie home and put her to sleep while Charlie and I got to enjoy the reception. She was such a cutie in her little dress!

11 months
Weight: my guess is around 17 lbs?
Clothing Size: Finally made it into the 9 month clothes!
Likes: the swings, Paisley, flipping through books, her sippy cup, her doorway jumper
Dislikes: having her face wiped, long car rides, being contained anywhere too long
New foods: hummus, PB&J (liked both!)




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, Josie You are Sooooooooo Cute ;-)

I can't wait until the end of June for the Big Party !!

Love, Pop Pop

( hopefully I can post this...that prove I'm not a robot thing is a real pia)