| Just a girl and her dog |
First and foremost are Josie's naps. As in, she is predictably taking two longer naps a day. HALLELUJAH It only took 8 months but she is finally on a basic, predictable schedule. She now naps for about an hour and a half in the morning (usually 9-10:30, unless I'm feeling lazy and we sleep in) and an hour and a half in the afternoon (usually 1:30 to 3 but this is based on when she wakes up from her first nap). Her longer morning nap developed right around the first of the year (so, 6 months) but her afternoon naps were still short 30 minute little devils and that meant there was usually two of them because she just couldn't go from 1pm till 6:45 with only one nap. She started showing signs that she might develop a longer afternoon nap around the beginning of the month. She began completely resisting a third nap, even if she hadn't slept well for her afternoon nap and the afternoon nap began being 45 minutes, sometimes even close to an hour. But not consistently. Until Friday, March 22nd. Oh yeah, I remember the day because I had been waiting so long for it. Charlie suggested to me that instead of putting her to sleep 2 hours after she had woken up, that I try and keep her up for closer to 3. So I tried it that day. And she slept for the hour and a half afternoon nap. And has repeated this since then. It is fantastic. It's so nice to know that I basically have about 3 hours to get things done during the day, particularly paid work. Plus, Josie is well rested and much more easy going now that she's sleeping well.
| Best picture I got |
So THAT has been the highlight of my month.
In addition, since daylight savings, the days are getting longer and we're able to get out and about more in the late afternoon and with the hopefully nicer weather that is on it's way we hope to get out even more. Because of this, I've been feeling more active in general and was recently able fit (read: squeeze) into a pair of pre-pregnancy pants. Yippee! And yes, I'm still not back to my original pant size but it I am S-L-O-W-L-Y getting there. Last Sunday I competed in a mini triathlon and though it really was fairly short distances (1.5 mile run, 4 mile bike ride, 250 yard swim) it did a lot for my mental state. I had to go by myself because it started in the morning and was 45 minutes from our house. At first I was bummed about this but afterwards it felt so good to go and accomplish the race all by myself. I'm toying with the idea of signing up for another one later this year.
| I was VERY brave for my shot! |
All these things have combined to make my days a joy. I love that my job is to hang out with my fantastic and adorable kiddo but I still get to earn a little income and keep my adult mind occupied through my part time work.
| Sigh, the days of good chair pictures are over |
As I mentioned, Josie is eating more food. She now eats breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast is usually scrambled eggs and fruit. Lunch and dinner are often a mish mash of things we have on hand including: peas, cheese, purees mixed with yogurt, beans, more fruit and veggies, anything from our dinners that I can adapt for her. One thing I should note. Girlfriend could live on cheese and puffed brown rice. She will NEVER refuse either of these things and now gets excited when shes me or Charlie pull either package out. If we're out at lunch time (often playgroup) she will eat one of the baby food pouches.
She still has no teeth. As much as I'm looking forward to her being able to chew more things, I will miss that gummy little smile when it's gone! She's also still pretty bald, though this month her hair has started to come in a little more. It's more visible and fuzzy.
| Hello there! |
She had her 9 month check up on her monthly birthday (April 1st) and she is doing great! The doctor is not concerned about her weight, even though she is now in the 5th percentile at 15 lbs, 6ozs, because she noted that Josie is becoming more active AND her height is proportional to her weight. She was 26 inches, which put her in the 7th percentile. She's just a teeny little babe! Her head however is still right around the 50th percentile. Which I fine, but I'm pretty sure she gets that from her Daddy.
This past month we started swim lessons at a local community center, thanks to a gift from Gram and PopPop! Josie loves the water and is not afraid to get in it or have it poured over her head. She's quite the water baby and we can't wait to take her to the pool and the lake this summer!
Last, I just have to say how good Paisley is with Josie. She let her pull her fur and explore her face and just lays there. When she's had enough, she'll just get up and walk away, but usually not without a face lick for Jos. She follows me into the nursery every morning to get Jos and will sometimes sniff at the sides of her crib. Josie, also always looks for Paisley when I pick her up each morning. Paisley has also of course become very faithful during meal times, per her Lab pedigree.
| Paisy giving Josie leg kisses |
| Just sitting on my dog... |
Favorite foods: Provolone cheese (this just happens one type of organic cheese I can find at Wegmans and we haven't tried others yet), puffed brown rice, flavored soups, yogurt with pureed strawberries, peas, pumpkin pancakes
Foods she's not crazy about: Avocado (still!), my homemade applesauce (I don't know what is wrong with her), some purees
Stats: 15 lbs, 6oz, 26 inches long
Favorite Activities: Bath time, swinging at the playground, crawling on Mama and Daddy, "petting" Paisy
| Moving and grooving means no good pictures for Mommy |
| Standing pretty |
3 comments:
We Need New Stuff !!! ;-)
We want 10 Months updat !!!
I know Dad- it's coming! :)
Post a Comment