Tuesday, February 5, 2013

7 months

My baby is closer to a year than to birth..what?!




This month has been lots of fun, except for the two week stint that Charlie was in Korea for. Though, even then, we went to visit my parents for the week and Josie loved to seeing so much of her Gram and Pop Pop! The most exciting development is that she is making physical signals that crawling isn't far away. Yes, this strikes terror in my heart. She will now sit up and lean forward with both hands out in front of her and stretch to reach a toy. Just yesterday she did that move and then rocked back and forth a little bit. She is also starting to pull up to her knees. Earlier this week I set her in her crib to play while I put her clothes away and I turned around and she had pulled herself over to her crib rail and was gnawing on the rail while on her knees.  






I stood her up but isn't she a cutie?
My prediction is that by the 8 month post we'll have a crawler on our hands. Let the baby proofing commence!

Another first this month was her first flight. Josie and I flew up to Massachusetts to visit Anne for a few days right before her 7 month birthday. (Her 7 month pictures were taken at Anne's house). Josie did very well. On the flight up she fell asleep for most of it and only got upset when they came on the loudspeaker to announce our approach to Boston and woke her up. The flight home she was also good, despite it being between naps and right before bed. It helped ease my anxiety too to focus on her.

Let's rock and roll


Flying like a champ
Josie was a traveling fool in January since we also stayed with my parents for a week. Here she is with her Gram. I have a picture of her with Pop Pop but it's on my camera and I'm already late getting this up. Sorry Dad! :)


We went to the park one (cold, rainy) day with Kristin and Weston. Josie loved the swings and watching Weston run around. Soon they'll be running together showing Weston's new brother or sister (arriving this month!) how to do it!

Aside from the traveling, the biggest adventure of the month was starting solids. Josie is apparently like her mama and enjoys being in control. She was NOT a fan of purees and would cry as soon as I moved the spoon close to her mouth. However, she is a fan of holding her own food and feeding herself. Her current favorites seem to be sweet potatoes and carrots. Now, I use the word "favorite" loosely here. These are the two things I can count on her almost always putting in her mouth and chewing and sometimes swallowing (the proof is in the diaper if you catch my drift). She still mostly plays with her food, it doesn't seem to have connected yet that "if I eat this it fills my stomach". Most moms I've talked to have said that one day their kiddo just "got it" and all of a sudden ate a bunch.

Carrot
Sweet Potato
Very unimpressed with mashed avocado
I'll take that spoon thankyouverymuch
Her nigthtime sleep is still awesome- going strong at 12 or 12.5 hours a night. Her naps are getting better but are still somewhat unpredictable. She naps three times a day and for most of the month was taking a 1.5 hour morning nap and then two 1/2 hour naps. Now she might be changing that up. Recently her morning nap is about 40 minutes and then her second nap is 1 hour+, hollowed by a final 25-30 minute nap in the late afternoon. The book that I've been reading that seems to be pretty on point says that first her morning nap will be the longest and then she'll transition to a shorter morning nap and  longer afternoon nap, which I assume is what may be happening. I have no idea so we shall see.
She still has no teeth. Last week it was very obvious she was teething- hands shoved in her mouth, drool all over. But still no teeth.

7 months
Foods eaten: avocado, sweet potato, carrot, green bean, egg yolk, pear, banana, squash, pumpkin, broccoli, homemade oatmeal
Teeth: STILL zero
Weight: 14 lbs
New Skills: Sitting like a champ, rocking up on her knees, eating solid food

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Josie You are the Cutest !!