I keep thinking to myself that I want to remember all the cute little things that Josie does at each stage of her development because almost as soon as she learns something- it's gone from her repertoire. So, for my own memory here are some things I love or that she has learned at almost 6 and half months.
- She just learned how to buzz her lips and will entertain herself by doing it. Unfortunately she has also learned that she can buzz her lips to spit out her food. This makes for messy feedings.
- Food. Not a huge fan yet. So far she's had bananas, avocado, homemade oatmeal and pear. None of the above really impressed her, particularly when fed from a spoon. She did like holding a (very ripe) stick of pear and putting it in her mouth so maybe she likes the texture of that better than puree? Although I gave her pieces of avocado and banana this morning and she didn't seem as excited about it. I keep telling her that as far as plain fruits and vegetables go, it doesn't get better than bananas and pears...
- She will now reach forward for objects in front of her when sitting on the floor. I guess it's only a matter of time until she realizes she can move up on her back legs and eventually crawl. Yikes! Also, her current favorite toy is the sorting basket (seen below) that Aunt Kristin gave her for Christmas. She doesn't like to sort, she likes to to dump it out and put all the pieces in her mouth.
- She is loving Paisley. When she wakes up she looks around for Pais and she loves to sit next to her and "pet" her which includes actually petting and some hair grabbing. Paisley is very patient and lets Jos grab her with only an occasional face lick.
- She will look around when she hears someone and I'm starting to see evidence of her expecting things. For example when I was feeding her before bed the other night she seemed to be looking towards the door of my childhood bedroom (we're at my parent's house) because she expected Charlie to come walking through the door. (He's out of town) He often comes home from work when I'm feeding Jos before bed and she always gets a kiss on the head from him when he does.
1 comment:
i like this one :) especially the last pic
Post a Comment