Tuesday, December 22, 2009

And...I'm back! And sore.

Well for a couple weeks at least. Last Thursday evening marked the official end of my fall semester- WOOHOO! Which means I only have one more to go until I graduate in May. Yes, I only have to go to school for one year for my Masters and it's a program specific to social work but explaining it is really for another post. I am also very pleased to say that I earned three As, one A- and a Pass (pass/fail for my internship) this semester. And just to brag a little bit because I am very proud of myself and all my hard work, Catholic's program is no joke. My professors meant business and my days and nights were consumed with school work on a regular basis, hence the lack of posts. But anyway enough about school!
Because, I am actually posting timely, relevant content about something recent in our lives. Shocking, I know. This past weekend, we had lots of snow. I think the total was somewhere around two feet. Now, growing up in PA, I've seen snow like this before. However, apparently no one in the DC region has because this place was crippled. I mean, in their defense this was a LOT of snow. The snow started Friday night around 9pm and lasted until very early Sunday morning. Some of our brave friends came over on Saturday night to play in the snow, watch some football and enjoy hot chocolate. It was so much fun - like being a kid again! Except for the first part of playing in the snow. And by playing in the snow, I mean shoveling the snow. Ouch.
Since discussing grades earlier, I would say the roads are currently at a C, 3 days after the storm has ended. I did not go near a grocery store on Friday, however my car happened to need gas. You would have thought it was the 1970s the way people were lining up for gas. I abandoned the whole idea after trying two gas stations and getting rear-ended by an old man. Luckily, I drive a wonderfully oldish Saturn that takes hits like a champ. :)
Stay tuned for hopefully more timely updates, that is until January 11th when I return to class.

Our house around 1pm on Saturday



I shoveled the driveway because I was afraid Charlie wouldn't be able to get in after work. I am admiring my handy work even though I wasn't half way done. Have I mentioned I'm sore?

Playing in the snow with Jarrod, Shelley, Carolyn, Drew, and Regina!


Shelley and Carolyn having fun


Regina and I burying Drew


Jrod- master of the tackle


Paisley was pumped about the snow. She had to hop like a bunny to get around in it. Pretty funny.



The view from our front door on the morning after.

The deck


Paisley in the backyard
~KC
Posted by Picasa

No comments: