On October 4th, Charlie ran the Army 10 miler here in DC. He ran it with some of our friends from church and trained for a few months beforehand. He and our friend Joy ran the whole race together since they trained together the most. The race started and ended at the Pentagon and wound its way through the National Mall. Our friend Shelley and I went downtown and cheered for everyone on the side lines. I am so proud of Charlie-he finished in 1 hour and 45 mins. He's contemplating running the Cherry Blossom 10 miler in April. I got all caught up in the moment and said I could run a 5K (3.2 miles). I'm not sure what came over me. I'll keep you posted if that works out. :)
The sea of humanity at the finish line
Charlie and Joy at mile 5
Charlie in front of the Pentagon after finishing
~KC
~KC
1 comment:
That was a FUN day!! SO glad we went down and cheered them on =)
Post a Comment