This is what blogging has come to now for me. I have to combine two separate events, months apart into one post because I'm so behind. Sigh.
Part One:
Back in July, Kristin, Nate and Laila came down to visit us for the first time! It was so great to have them in our home! Especially since we invade theirs every time we visit my parents, it was nice to reciprocate. :) They arrived on Friday afternoon and we just hung out at our house and had dinner that night. On Saturday we went into DC and walked around the Mall, then came back home to walk/play with the dogs. Later that afternoon we hit up a couple wineries in Loudoun. It was a good thing we only hit two because I was pretty done by the end of the 2nd winery. What can I say- I'm a pure lightweight. After drinking some lovely wine, we headed over to dinner at Magnolias a the Mill, known by locals as "Maggies". Dinner was very good and I felt like a good host because Kristin (who does not enjoy lots of red meat) had a hard time deciding what to get! Mission accomplished!
On Sunday we went to Great Falls National Park to enjoy the views and hike. Afterwards we enjoyed a nice air-conditioned lunch at On the Border. Oh yeah- our air conditioning broke on this particular weekend. Fun, huh?
Part Duex:
The 2nd weekend in September, we went camping with Kristin and Nate at French Creek State Park in PA. We had a great time roasting hot dogs and marshmallows and hiking around the park. The dogs had a great time together and we think they have now solidified their friendship. :) We only went for one night so that we could see my parents on Saturday night, but next time we think we'll try for two nights. And hopefully without screaming children at 7am. We wish we lived closer to Kristin and Nate so that we could spend more time with them on a regular basis but it is always a great time when we get together!
No comments:
Post a Comment