Monday, April 20, 2009

Birthday Dinner

Since my birthday fell on Easter AND a day that Charlie had to work, we planned to go out to dinner to celebrate that following Wednesday, April 15th. I choose a restaurant in Leesburg, VA called Lightfoot that we had never been too before but I had researched it and it sounded delicious. It was. The restaurant is in an old bank building and the architecture is just beautiful. But lets be real: we came for the food not the architecture. Well, we were not disappointed. Lightfoot is the kind of restaurant that serves their food in such a way that it's so pretty that you almost don't want to eat it. Almost. I love places that take time to present the food this way. I know this probably makes me a food snob but...I don't care. I love a good diner too but this was my birthday, folks. Which means: big doings. At least in my world. :)
So yes, I DID take pictures of the food. Because it was so pretty. It's a fancy restaurant but I have no shame. Well, I at least waited until the waiter left before I snapped a few shots. Didn't want to look like a total freak.

The appetizer we had- fried green tomatoes (with shrimp on top)

This was my meal- salmon with artichoke gratin and crab meat on top. Oh. My.

The building the restaurant is located in

Gotta get a picture of us. This is right before we drove home, got in our pjs, watched tv and went bed early. I know. We're WILD.
~KC
Posted by Picasa

No comments: