Friday, March 7, 2014

20 Month Loves

At 20 months old, Josie is clearly voicing her opinion about what she wants and doesn't want. So, I thought I'd highlight some of the things she's loving right now.

Helping Mommy Bake/Cook

Please note the too-small ladybug costume. She also loves that.
This gets filed under "something I did once and now she wants to do all the time". This is both good and bad. When I'm making something that includes a lot of dumping ingredients and nothing sharp or hot it's fun to watch her get so excited about helping. However, when I'm making dinner I'm almost always using something sharp or hot so this has resulted in some tantrums about not being allowed to bring the step stool over.

Bacon


This girl cracks me up. For a long time she wouldn't touch meat. She still wouldn't really eat chicken, ground beef, etc. Bacon however, is a different story. She FREAKS OUT when she sees it and wolfs it down. Clearly she's a true American.

Paisley and Most Other Dogs


This is Daniel, our friend's dog. Josie is harassing him with a fireman's hat.
This is an undying affection. Josie loves dogs so much. If she's at a friend's house and upset, she will seek out their dog to pet and love on. Her birthday party is going to be a "puppy party" this year.

Her Thumb (and her belly button)


Sigh. I still think this is adorable but I can see in a year or two it not being so. The belly button is particularly funny and odd. Onesies are totally out (except under nighttime zip up jammies) because they do not allow access to the belly button. When she's upset, nervous or tired, she sucks her thumb and plays with her belly button with her other hand.

Helping Mommy Unload the Dishwasher


Let's hope this continues into her teen years.

Her Daddy


Josie is all about Charlie. He has become the bedtime extraordinaire. She will go to sleep easily for me too but if he's home- game over- she wants him. The first couple times I was offended but then I realized: 1. I could "excuse myself" from bedtime and either finish making dinner for us or get started on my "me time" and 2. She just missed her Daddy all day and wants some quality snuggle time. It's also beyond adorable when he comes home from work now. She hears the door open, yells "HI!! HI!! HI!!!" and then takes off towards the door saying "DAdee DAdee DAdee.." and gives him a hug and a kiss.

iPhones


This is a habit that drives me nuts. Though I do occasionally deploy the iPhone when I need a few minutes (such as in the grocery store to finish shopping or when she's freaking out in the car a la the above picture) I want Josie to know these phones are not her toys and she may not just grab one and start fiddling with it. This is an uphill battle.

Music

This picture has nothing to do with music but it's cute and showcases Josie's enjoyment of her Aunt Megan
Somewhat related to the iPhone, Josie loves to have music on. Aside from a banana, it's the first thing she asks for when she comes downstairs in the morning. It's adorable when she asks for it too- she points to the speaker and wiggles her body back and forth like she's dancing. And when there is a pause between songs- look out- she'll let you know that she wants it back!

Her Purple Coat (and walking outside)

I'm not sure what it is about this coat but Josie loves it. When we ride in the car she wears a fleece because puffy coats like this aren't safe in car seats (they make the harness too far away from her body with their "poofy-ness" and she could slip out in the event of an accident). So because of this she doesn't get to wear this coat a lot and often fusses when I put her fleece on her. I think it's related to the fact that when she puts it on we usually are taking Paisley for a walk which she likes to do.