Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Apple picking and family weekend

Last weekend my Uncle Jack and Aunt Lorraine fly to DC from Illinois to meet Josie. My parents came down and my sister came out and we had a great family weekend! We hosted dinner, visited Meg in DC for lunch, went apple picking and went out to dinner and breakfast and enjoyed lounging around while Josie napped. 

Meg and I ran a 5K on Saturday morning and everyone else cheered us on. This race was a goal I set for myself after having Josie. Charlie and I ran the same race last year (right before I got pregnant) and it was my fastest 5K to date- less than 30 minutes. I knew I would be no where close to that now- my goal was just to finish and if I could run the whole time that was icing on the cake. Thanks to Meg's encouragement I did run the whole time, despite not being able to finish my training plan and only running about 2 miles total before the race. We finished the race in about 34 minutes. I'm not gonna lie- it was difficult for me. I was in really good shape before I got pregnant and it's been humbling getting back on the exercise wagon and working my way (very slowly) back into shape. When I get frustrated with my current physique I remind myself to look at Josephine and remember that my body grew, carried and delivered her and that is a pretty good reason to have a bit of extra "fluff" around my middle at the moment.

We had a great weekend and it was so nice of Uncle Jack and Aunt Lorraine to fly so far to visit us and meet Josie. She's lucky to have a number of loving great aunts and uncles!

Ride 'em cowgirl!
This patch ain't big enough for the both of us!
Despite what her bib may say, she's congratulating Mommy on her 5K
Apple picking

Family shot

Aunt Lorraine, Uncle Jack and Dad

Someone was pooped
More apple picking

No comments: