Friday, August 17, 2012

This week

This week I've been working on getting Josie to nap longer than 30-45 minutes because I could tell that was not enough for her- it would be so obvious she was overtired after not getting enough sleep. I googled the heck out of naps that are too short and came to the conclusion that I was keeping awake too long. At this age she should only be awake for 45-60 mins before going back down. This worked well for a couple days but today I believe we have hit the 6 week growth spurt and all bets are off.

I joined a moms play group through our church and it has already done wonders for my sanity. It is nice to be with other moms who are "in the trenches" now too and know what I'm going through.

This week we have now been getting legitimate social smiles. These are fantastic. When I come to get her in the morning she gives me this little gummy grin and it makes my day! I'm sorry to all the other babies but I think our daughter is the cutest baby ever!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I think Edie is heading into the 6th week growth spurt stage- yesterday she must have nursed almost hourly! It was crazy and exhausting!

Katie and Charlie said...

So true! The 2 week growth spurt almost did me in. :)

Anonymous said...

Katie, Josie is by far, The Cutest Baby EVER ! ;)

Unknown said...

ok dad we get it, you think we're ugly

Anonymous said...

Stop. It is just that Josie, is really Cute, you and Katie were too!