Monday, April 23, 2012

29 weeks

Happy 29 weeks!

Baby
This week baby is said to weigh 2.5 pounds and be 15 inches long. From our ultrasound last week, they estimate that baby is slightly bigger than that but those measurements can be off. Baby's skeleton is also hardening this week and Babycenter.com tells me I need lots of calcium to help meet baby's nutritional needs. It's a good thing I faithfully eat my ice cream. :)

Me
I have noticed a definite change in how I'm feeling this week. I think I mentioned last week that things were getting harder for me. This week this has continued and in general I'm just starting to feel large. Most of the time when I'm standing I can feel some pressure (I assume from where Baby's head is). I'm starting to notice a slight pain in my right hip/butt area more often now. I asked my friend Anna for her chiropractor recommendation, so I think I'll be calling this week to set up an appointment. Earlier in my pregnancy I didn't feel like I needed anyone's help completing my usual tasks but now, when people offer, I'm all for it. There are certain things that are just not as easy anymore. These include bending over, kneeling down, carrying heavy things and sitting on the floor. I was at a conference in DC on Tuesday and Wednesday for work this week and the ladies I was manning the booth with insisted on treating me like a delicate flower. At first I was all "really guys, I'm not disabled". But then by the end of the first day, I was happy to be told to sit in the chair and not get up. Done and done.

This week has mostly been marked by missing Charlie. He's away in South Korea for work for 4 weeks. I know...sad panda. However, 1 week is gone and only 3 more until he comes home! We are also very lucky that we get to Skype, usually twice a day. But I still miss him like crazy! Last weekend, after he left, my parents and sister came and stayed the weekend with me.

When I took my pictures this week I realized I was wearing the same shirt as in my 25 week picture, so I thought I'd put the pictures side by side to see how much I've changed in a month. I think the main difference is that my belly is a bit lower, rounder and slightly more prominent. Though, honestly, I thought there would be more of a difference. I'm feeling more of a difference!

And a front shot. I really don't see much difference here, except that the belly is lower. Thoughts?



Preparing for Baby
My major accomplishment of the week was volunteering at a baby and kids consignment sale in our area and then shopping the sale on Friday. I volunteered 4 hours on Thursday so that I could get in to the Friday "presale". Those 4 hours were rough on my poor feet- a half hour before my shift was done I realized they were hurting and then by the end of shift it was painful. However, it was well worth it. This sale was amazing. Seriously. There was so much stuff! I made out like a bandit and got a number of things that were on our "nice to have" list (like a pack and play for my mom and dad's house) and a few that were on our "need" list. I did the math (because I'm a geek like that) between how much everything I bought would have cost new and I saved $462 shopping this sale. I spent $189...meaning I paid 28% of the full retail value of the items I bought. And some of the items were like new and at least one (a cloth diaper) was brand new! The diaper was one of my favorite "steals"- it is a specific kind I had read good reviews about and had put on my list and brand new is $25. It was still brand new (in the package) and the person who cosigned it sold it for $2. $2!!!! Anna shopped with me, which was so awesome to have her there to get her opinion, help me lift stuff and chat with in line. I was on a bargain shoppers high.

Week 29

Midwife appointments: every two weeks- next on is on Monday, the 30th. Glucose test- passed!

Sleep: Is ok. I'm waking up about 2-3 times a night, mostly to go to the bathroom. I have been staying up too late so that is leaving me extra tired the next day (even with getting 8 hrs of broken sleep).

Cravings: Root Beer. Oh yum.

Buying for Baby: too much mention! Mostly from the consignment sale. I also bought a used wrap online as well as a couple newborn diapers.

Nursery: Currently trying to figure out what we want to do as far as crib bedding. Mainly, finding the right color I'm envisioning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only difference, I see is Your Hair ! It looked a little Wilder at 25 weeks,, ;)