Friday, January 20, 2012

16 weeks

Yesterday, I hit 16 weeks. In the beginning of my pregnancy it felt like the weeks dragged on. We kept longing for milestones- being out of the miscarriage "danger zone", finally able to tell people, hearing the heartbeat. We still keep looking forward to milestones but it seems (at least to me) that the weeks are picking up their pace.

This week I am feeling great! I've been feeling good for a while now but I seem to be getting a bit of my old energy back. Don't get me wrong, I still sleep a ton at night but I actually have energy to do a couple things around the house in the evening after I'm done working.

This past weekend we went to an antique store near us because I wanted to look at the dressers they had to get some inspiration for the nursery and see if we might possibly find one that worked. We didn't find one and as much as I'd love a unique looking piece (this store is reasonably priced), a "mass produced" item might be more practical. We did find one that I really liked but it didn't have enough drawers to make it practical (the room is very small so we need as much storage space as possible) and it had a large tilting mirror on top. Not really safe. Another downside I also noticed is that many of the dressers we tried had drawers that were not easy to pull out and push in. This seems to be a key feature needed in a dresser as you're trying to hold Baby down, grab a diaper and get it on his or her little tush before he or she scampers away from you.

Without further ado- a 16 week belly picture:
The weather needs to warm up so we can take these outside. Our family has horrible lighting...especially at night!



I love this top- I just got it in the mail and it's made by a company called Lilac. They make clothing that can be worn before, during and after you're pregnant. Score! The website babysteals.com had a "steal" on some of the clothing earlier in the week so I bought this top and a dress that is a similar style. Aside from the clothes, my order arrived two days after I placed it. Super fast. (I'm not getting a kick back from these people I was just impressed with how quickly it arrived). As a side note- I generally do not look like this laying around the house working from home all day (far from it). I was going out to dinner with my friend Emily from grad school!

Week 16 Highlights
Cravings: ALL food
Aversions: Nothing in particular
Pounds gained so far: 4-5
Most looking forward to: Feeling the baby move (can't wait!)
Trips planned in the next week: 2! One overnight to visit Tina to go wedding dress shopping and another to visit Anne for  few days!

No comments: