As many of you know, Charlie's Dad, Carson, passed away on December 19th. Though he had been having some health issues and had undergone a few surgeries recently, his passing was very sudden. That Sunday was a bit of a blur and it's still hard for me to believe that he's not here. The memorial service was that Wednesday and though it was hard saying goodbye, it was also an uplifting expierence. Hearing from so many people who knew him as a man of quiet faith was wonderful and comforting. Charlie and I are thankful that Carson knew Jesus as his Savior and we are comforted by knowing he is with the Lord.
I didn't stand up and say anything during the service because I wasn't sure I could hold it together and I couldn't decide what I wanted to say. The first time I met Carson was one of Charlie's softball games when we were dating and at first he intimidated me. He was a quiet man but would let you know how he felt about certain things. However, over the years I grew to love him and was glad to be able to spend even more time with him during the last few months.
Carson was in the hospital during Charlie's 2 week trip to Norway this September and though my sister-in-law and her family were up one weekend, I was the only family member within a hundred miles during the majority of those 2 weeks. I visited Carson in the hospital and helped him get back to his apartment after the stay. We had some great conversations during those two weeks and I was blessed to be able to get to know him all on my own. Now that he's passed, I'm so glad I got to have those times with him.
Charlie and I really want to thank everyone who brought us meals, sent us cards and emails, prayed with and for us and came to the service. We are so blessed to be surrounding by fantastic friends and family.
We will always love and miss you Dad: lover of the Beatles, reader of Scripture, life long Yankees fan, owner of many coffee pots, loyal father.
~KC
No comments:
Post a Comment