Saturday, May 15, 2010

MSW Graduation!!!!

Today, I graduated from my Master's program! I officially have my Master of Social Work! The day was gorgeous and I didn't trip going across the stage. I am so glad to be done but will truly miss the school, my professors and my classmates. I'm very proud of myself for reaching this milestone, mostly because I never really saw myself going back to school. However, I'm very glad I did and am excited to see what doors God opens up through my new degree. This experience has also affirmed that social work is the correct career for me and I truly love the profession and its values. Below are a few pictures from today:
Me and Charlie, my wonderful supportive hubby!

Dad, me, Mom
(they look extra happy b/c unlike at undergrad, they don't have student loan payments ahead of them! Me on the other hand....)

Mom, Dad, Me, Meg, Aunt Bean

Emily and I- she made the program so much more bearable by being my friend!!!

After receiving my diploma, I opened and exclaimed "it's so beautiful"! I'm displaying my joy in relation to the diploma here.
I think part of my excitement and pride related to my new degree is that in a world where instant gratification is the norm, it feels awesome to work hard, persevere and then see it all pay off! Thank you to my friends and family who offered support and encouragement through my time in school. I couldn't have done it without all who cheered me on!
~KC

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I LOVE these pictures.... they are fantastic!!! What a beautiful day for a graduation! :) SO glad you posted pics before you leave for your trip! :) The last one is a perfect picture of the excitement :)