Haven't posted much lately, as usual. Blame it on life, the semester, the fact that I feel I need pictures to write a post and I'm too busy/lazy to download our recent shots to our computer. And to busy/lazy to look for the charger to the camera so it can turn on to download said pictures.
So, sorry no pictures, just words. :)
Things are decent in the Caldwell house. I am a month and a half into the semester with about 2 months to go (which include spring break and Easter break). This semester has so far been less work week to week but requires 4 large papers, all due at the end. So, I have been trying diligently to keep up and begin research and (eventually) writing the papers waaaay before they are due. This is very unlike me- I tend to procrastinate but grad school has changed that. If I don't work on them now, I will actually go certifiably crazy in April. Charlie would give you the address to my institution though so you could visit.
Sorry, little social work humor there. What's that? Not funny? sigh....
Charlie has approximately three more weeks left on this terrible shift schedule and then he returns to his home office. YEAH! Sort of. He could actually use a lot of prayer for this. He is going back to his home office but will not be able to return to his old position b/c they had to have someone else do his job for the year they sent him to purgatory... I mean the Pentagon. So he is really anxious about what they are going to have him do. He loved his job and will be extremely upset and frustrated if they give him a "crap" assignment of little importance. It's stressing him out a bit.
Speaking of stressed out, I am also beginning to explore options of different jobs. I have some ideas about what I'd like to do but no vividly clear direction. I have a few choices and a huge blessing in the process is that I can continue to work my flexible schedule at my current job until I tell them otherwise. My main choices are to take a totally different full time job, to go back to my job full time and negotiate for a raise/possible promotion or explore the possibility of remaining at my job part time and looking for another position part time. There are a number of part time positions in social work so this is a feasible option. I tend to get bored easily so I feel like option #3 might best suit me. However, as I mentioned, I'm not sure what I want and have praying for God to give me a clear direction as to what I am to do work-wise. I'm trusting He has a plan and will provide the right job(s) at the right time. Job searching is a fairly emotional process. My friend Anna, who recently experienced job searching herself (through no fault of her own!), put it perfectly: its so personal, yet so not. You feel very personally about the job, your qualifications, the fit. But the for the business, its just that- business. I've just been trying to keep in mind that not receiving a call about a position is not the end of the world and that getting an interview does not mean I have to take the job!
Wow, that was a lot about that.
A few fun things are happening soon which is helping to make the time in school fly by. My parents are visiting the first weekend in March and then that Monday, I'm going to see my friend Tammy in Florida for a few days over my spring break. Yeah for breaks and cheap airfare! The next weekend we have a "doggy sleepover" with Anna's dog Jethro. Charlie and I really love dogs and have a lot of fun taking care of Paisley's "friends" when they come to visit. Then I have Anna's baby shower that I'm helping to plan and will look forward to celebrating with her as well as some of our friends from college who will be coming down/up. Woot! Also, we just found out that Jennifer Knapp will be performing in Sellersville at the end of March so we might be planning an inpromtu visit to PA!
The first weekend in May is a reunion for a bunch of good friends from college and we're getting together down at the lovely Jess B's house in NC. Also, Charlie and I just booked our tickets (yeah frequent flyer miles!) to take a week long vacation to California after I graduate (May 15th! May 15th!). We are so looking forward to getting away just the two of us without the stress of school or annoying work situations!
Thats a lot of traveling and I hope to do a bit more, pending the job situation. There are still some friends I'd love to make it to before starting a new job- this means you Anne! If starting a brand new job, my most ideal start date would be the first week in June as this would allow me to wrap up/say "goodbye" to my ab fab (seriously) current coworkers and do the aforementioned traveling. But like I said- only God knows what the job situation will bring.
Oh and not to be forgotten- Paisley is doing great! No sign at all that she ever had surgery. I think she's the only one in our area who is wishing for more snow. She LOVES it. She practically makes out with it when she sees it. Promise to try and get that on video. Its worth it- trust me.
All for now!
~KC
1 comment:
You had to say the Snow word...we are supposed to get slammed in the next 36 hours. Thanks. :>)
Post a Comment