Thursday, July 23, 2009

Caldwell Family Vacation 2009!

So, I'm playing a little catch up here on our blog as life has been busy (but fun!) lately. The last week in June we headed up to our family's cabin in the Adirondacks in New York for a week of peaceful relaxation and unfortunately lots of rain. However, we can't complain- anytime spent at the lake and not working is a good time.


The lake at 5am. This is when we arrived on Sunday morning!


Paisley and Charlie congratulate each other after a good swim


The maiden voyage of our new kayak. Pais got very nervous when one of us would start to paddle away so she'd often come after us



In Warrensburgh during some less-than-frequent sunshine.


Yes, she's spoiled. We're well aware, thank you.


Smiles at the beach!


My little otter puppy!


I fooled around with the 'color accent' feature on our camera a bunch while we were there. Pais is waiting patiently for the campfire to get going.


More furry cuteness



Our "campfire" the first night. We had a real one later in the week.



Paisley eating her special "puppy" s'more (no chocolate!)


Mom and Dad at the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor in Chestertown



I am a bit of a connoisseur of chicken sandwiches. (i know-very low brow. I don't care!) This is the best one I've ever had and I get it once a year at the ice cream parlor.


This is why he has to wear a life jacket....



Loon Lake


Aunt Bean and I at the strawberry festival at the church in Chestertown. Those church ladies know how to make a mean strawberry shortcake (and strawberry milkshake!)




More "boating", dhaling...


Cruising on the lake



Dad and I at the fourth of July party


The best of our multiple attempts to get a family picture


Hey- we home yet?! When's lunch?! Can I have a bone?!


My navigator




Posted by Picasa


And for your viewing pleasure- a short video of Paisley chasing her ball in the lake...




~KC

No comments: