For Halloween, Anna and Jason invited to their house for a party with the theme "Party like a Rock star". We were instructed to dress as rock stars (duh!). I had very big plans for great matching costumes for Charlie and I but when it came down to it...I just couldn't think of anything that was good enough and not predictable. (EVERYONE suggested Sonny and Cher). So here we are: Charlie is a Beastie Boy from their 90s video "Sabotage" and I am Josie from Josie and the Pussycats. (Let me tell you how nervous I was putting THAT phrase into Google images). The wig from Charlie's costume cracked me up. It was so bad! I teased him that he must promise me to NEVER get a toupee if/when he starts losing his hair.

Here's Anna and I. She was Gem from Gem and the Holograms!

Some of the guys at the party. From left to right: Kid Rock, Beastie Boy, a bodyguard, and a heavy metal star.
For the party, Anna and Jason bought "Rock Band" for their Wii. It was lots of fun and much harder than it looks. It comes with a microphone, drums and a guitar so three people can play at once. This is one of the "bands" that rocked out that night.
Charlie was a master on the microphone. In the game, you're score by percent (100 being the best, zero meaning all you did was convert oxygen into carbon dioxide) and he scored 100% a couple times on the mic.
I did not score quite as high on my guitar playing abilities but as you can see below...I'm pretty hard core.

Watch out world, the Caldwells have talent. (Well one of us does....)
No comments:
Post a Comment