This past weekend my parents came down for a visit to Virginia. In an effort to expose them to all the wonderful things DC and Northern Virginia have to offer, I suggested a visit to a museum or local park. We decided on the National Air and Space Museum Annex in Dulles, also called the Udvar-Hazy Center. (It was named for its largest donor). So after a yummy lunch at Atlanta Bread Company, we headed over. The museum is part of the Smithsonian Institutions so there is no admission fee, you only have to pay for parking. Yeah! Free is good!


Charlie in front of the SR-71. I don't remember the significance of this plane except that it is big, scary looking and I believe pretty fast-which is probably an understatement. I'm lucky I remember the name. Charlie can tell you more, he's the one who reads every sign in museums. I look and move on.

Dad, me and Charlie being silly and pointing at random things.

Mom and I in front of a helicopter that said "Marines" on the side. Again, I don't remember the significance.

The space shuttle Enterprise. Now, this I did find interesting and took the time to read AND retain some info about the space shuttle. It never actually entered space (kind of a let down) but flew in the earth's atmosphere and ran tests. As you can see from the above picture, it looks deceivingly small. Now see the picture below:
For those who do not know my dad...he is 6 feet 8 inches tall (and is the guy in the blue shirt raising his arms). As you can see, he is dwarfed by the shuttle.
A final picture of Mom and Dad in front of the space shuttle.


The four of us in front of the museum.

Charlie in front of the SR-71. I don't remember the significance of this plane except that it is big, scary looking and I believe pretty fast-which is probably an understatement. I'm lucky I remember the name. Charlie can tell you more, he's the one who reads every sign in museums. I look and move on.

Dad, me and Charlie being silly and pointing at random things.

Mom and I in front of a helicopter that said "Marines" on the side. Again, I don't remember the significance.

The space shuttle Enterprise. Now, this I did find interesting and took the time to read AND retain some info about the space shuttle. It never actually entered space (kind of a let down) but flew in the earth's atmosphere and ran tests. As you can see from the above picture, it looks deceivingly small. Now see the picture below:
For those who do not know my dad...he is 6 feet 8 inches tall (and is the guy in the blue shirt raising his arms). As you can see, he is dwarfed by the shuttle.
A final picture of Mom and Dad in front of the space shuttle.After the museum, Mom and I went to the salon so I could get my hair cut and she could have a manicure! After Mom and Dad left on Sunday, we watched the Eagles give away the game to the Redskins...it was heartbreaking. But such is life when you are a fan of a Philadelphia sports team. At least the Phillies are past the first round of the playoffs! Anyway, I'll end the blog by saying even though our team lost we still love 'em and have the pics to prove it:

You also get a glimpse of Paisley's insanely long tongue. :)
~KC
2 comments:
That just might be your Christmas card! That is a great picture -- minus the Eagles jerseys I might have put it on our wall ;)
dude, there was no "giving" the game away... we TOOK the game from the Beagles and their fans...
so sorry we had to steal from you like that, on your HOME FIELD, no less.. But, ya gotta do, what ya gotta do...
But, nothin but love for you dear. :)
Post a Comment