Tuesday, September 2, 2008

OBX Vacation

Last week we were at the beach in Corolla in the Outer Banks. This is the 2nd year we've gone with our friends, the Janetskys and the McPeeks. We had great weather the beginning and end of the week with some cloudy days in the middle. We were not able to bring Paisley (*tear*) since the house had a "no pets" policy. However once we got there we found a couple dog bones under the couches so maybe we could have brought her after all! We had a great, relaxing week of laying on the beach (Katie), bogey boarding (Charlie), playing tennis, and reading.

Charlie relaxing on the beach

Connor and Nathan playing in the sand

Mel and Kristine

Charlie and Chris attempting to bulid a sand sculpture of Yankee Staduim

Andrew, the future major leaguer

Us on the beach

One day we rented a kayak and toured the sound a bit. I had wanted to to rent two single kayaks so that we could each enjoy our own boat but Charlie suggested a double kayak because it was a cheaper option and he insisted I would get tired quickly. He's so smart. About 10 mins into our 2 hour rental my arms are burning ( I have no arm muscle whatsoever....seriously, the day God was handing out arm muscle he forget me!) and I'm soaking wet but trying not to show how tired I am (I was in the front). Finally I hear Charlie say "You're getting tired aren't you?". With relief I say "YES!....how could you tell?". He informed me that as I grew more tired I started to sway from side to side as I paddled, in an effort to use my body for more strength and he was afriad I was going to tip us over. So being the wonderful husband that he is, he paddled most of the 2 hours and I got to sit up front with my only job being to keep my paddle out of his way and out of the water. Sorry hubs! :)


Enjoying our kayak ride!



Charlie still happy even after paddling for 2 hours!

Now its back to work....sigh!
~KC

No comments: